All information on an elbow brace
An elbow brace is a device that supports and protects the elbow. It can be used for injuries such as tennis elbow, golfer's elbow, elbow fracture or elbow luxation. A brace can also be used to stabilise the elbow after surgery. We provide you more information on how to use this brace below.
Types of elbow braces
There are different types of elbow braces available. The most common types are:
- Compression brace: this brace provides compression and support only and is made of soft, comfortable materials
- Stabilisation brace: this brace has additional straps or support pieces to stabilise the elbow. This exerts pressure on the joint and helps keep the muscles and joints in a neutral position.
- Orthotic: this brace is a more comprehensive brace that fully supports the elbow. An orthotic is used to support or correct the shape, function or movement of the elbow.
When do you use an elbow brace?
An elbow brace can be used for various types of elbow injuries. The most common indications are:
- Tennis elbow: tennis elbow is an inflammation of the tendon that attaches the muscles at the front of the forearm to the elbow. An elbow brace can be used to support the elbow and relieve the tendon.
- Golfer's elbow: golfer's elbow is an inflammation of the tendon that attaches the muscles at the back of the forearm to the elbow. An elbow brace can be used to relieve the tendon and support the elbow.
- Elbow fracture: an elbow fracture is a fracture of the bone in the elbow. An elbow brace can be used to stabilise the elbow and reduce pain.
- Elbow luxation: an elbow luxation is a dislocation of the elbow. An elbow brace can be used to stabilise the elbow and reduce pain.
How to use an elbow brace?
It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions when using an elbow brace. It is generally advised to wear the brace when the elbow is stressed. This could be during sports, work or other activities.
What is the best way to maintain the brace?
Elbow braces are usually made of breathable materials that are easy to clean. The brace can be washed in the washing machine on a cold, gentle cycle. Never put them in the dryer. This will cause the brace to shrink. It is best to let the brace air dry. Do not use aggressive detergents or bleach for cleaning, either. These will damage the fabric.
Benefits of an elbow brace
An elbow brace can provide the following benefits:
- Support and stability. A brace can support and stabilise the elbow, reducing pain and irritation.
- Relief of the tendon. A brace can relieve pressure on the tendon, reducing the risk of further damage.
- Accelerating recovery. A brace can speed up recovery from an elbow injury by reducing pain and irritation.
Looking to buy an elbow brace?
Elbow support can be an effective aid in treating elbow injuries. It is important to choose a brace suitable for the specific injury and to follow the manufacturer's instructions. Do you have any questions about the elbow brace or how to use it? If so, please contact our customer service team. Our team is ready to answer all your questions. Our customer service team can be reached via phone, email and live chat.