Nagging pain in shoulder and arm
Shoulder pain is one of the most common complaints of pain. We use our arms and shoulders all day long. Therefore, a nagging pain in the shoulder with radiation to the arm can also be very bothersome. In this blog, we will tell you more about the causes and treatment. Please don't hesitate to read on.
The causes of nagging pain in the shoulder and arm
A nagging pain in the shoulder and arm can have several causes. It is usually caused by overuse of the shoulder muscles. This can be caused, for example, by heavy physical work, making the same movement repeatedly or playing overhead sports.
In addition, a nagging pain in the shoulder with radiation to the arm can also be caused by too little physical exercise, incorrect (work) posture and stress. Sometimes another complaint can be the cause of the pain. These include frozen shoulder, bursitis, nerve irritation or osteoarthritis.
Treatment of nagging pain in the shoulder and arm can vary. We therefore advise you to visit a physiotherapist. A physiotherapist can provide information and advice on how to properly deal with the symptoms. Usually, this advice is complemented by exercises you can do to improve the mobility, coordination and stability of the shoulder and thus reduce the nagging pain.
What to do about nagging pain in shoulder and arm
If you suffer from nagging pain in the shoulder and arm, there are a number of things you can do to reduce the pain:
- Try to continue using the shoulder and arm in daily life (within the pain limit)
- Temporarily avoid movements that actually cause nagging pain. Usually, these are overhead movements and heavy lifting.
- Massage and warmth can stimulate circulation; massage the shoulder muscles or put a warm beanbag on them in the evening.
- Drink plenty of water
- Exercises can reduce nagging pain
- Wear a shoulder brace; a brace can provide support to the shoulder joint and thereby reduce pain.
Need additional information?
Do you have any questions or comments after reading this article? If so, you can of course contact our customer service team. Our team consists of enthusiastic professionals who can answer all your questions and help you along the way.