Which ankle brace for which ankle injury?
Ankle injuries are common, especially among athletes. Ankle sprains are the most common type of ankle injury, but other injuries, such as ligament damage, fractures and wear and tear, are also common. An ankle brace can be useful for a number of different ankle injuries. Below, we provide you more information on the use of an ankle brace for various injuries.
For which ankle injuries is wearing an ankle brace useful?
Wearing an ankle brace is useful for the following injuries:
- Ankle sprain: an ankle sprain is damage to the ligaments that support the ankle. Ligaments are strong bands that connect bones together. An ankle sprain can occur when the ankle is suddenly twisted.
- Ligament damage: ligament damage is a more serious form of ankle injury where the ligaments are torn. Ligament damage can occur as a result of a severe ankle sprain or direct trauma to the ankle.
- Fracture: a fracture is a break in a bone. Ankle fractures can occur as a result of a fall or direct trauma to the ankle.
- Abrasion: abrasion of the ankle joints can occur due to age, overuse or a previous injury. Wear and tear can lead to pain, swelling and stiffness in the ankle.
How does an ankle brace work?
Ankle braces come in different shapes and sizes. Most ankle braces work by supporting and stabilising the ankle. This can be done using bandages and straps. There are also ankle braces with busks. These provide good support and reduce the risk of new injuries.
When should you wear an ankle brace?
Wear the ankle brace only when you have an injury. This will help to support and protect the ankle during the healing process. Ankle braces can also be useful to wear during sports or other activities where the ankle is strained. This can help reduce the risk of re-injury.
How do you choose the right ankle brace?
There are many different ankle braces on the market. It is important to choose a brace that suits your individual needs. When choosing an ankle brace, you should consider the following factors:
- The severity of the injury
- The type of activity you will be doing
- Your personal preferences
Tips for wearing an ankle brace
Finally, we will give you some tips for wearing a brace and its maintenance.
- Make sure the brace fits well and is comfortable. A brace that is too wide will not give you the support you need, and if the brace is too tight it will be very uncomfortable.
- Adjust the brace regularly as the ankle can swell.
- Wash the brace regularly manually. This will keep the brace fresh for much longer and make it last longer.
Want to buy an ankle brace?
If you have any questions or comments about ankle support or its use, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our highly knowledgeable customer service team is on hand to answer all your questions and help you get back on track. They can be reached via phone, live chat and email.