Wearing a pelvic belt while exercising
A pelvic belt is often recommended for women with symptoms during pregnancy. But also, when you experience pelvic problems during sports, using a pelvic belt is highly recommended. Such a brace provides relief and support. We give you more information below about using a pelvic belt during sports. Read on quickly.
How does a pelvic belt work during exercise?
A pelvic belt provides support to the pelvis and can help keep joints and ligaments in place. This can help relieve pain during activities that require a lot of movement of the pelvis, such as running, jumping or dancing.
When can a pelvic belt help during sports?
A pelvic belt can help with different types of pelvic pain. We list some of them for you below.
This is a condition where the joints in the pelvis are not stable. Pelvic instability can lead to pain, stiffness and difficulty walking.
This is a general term for pain in the pelvic area. Pelvic pain can be caused by pelvic instability, but also by other factors, such as pregnancy hormones or being overweight.
Pelvic pain can also cause back pain. A pelvic belt can help relieve back pain by supporting the pelvis.
Is a pelvic belt safe to use during sports?
Pelvic belts are generally safe to use during sports. If the band is too tight, it can cause discomfort and irritation to the skin. In very rare cases, the pelvic belt can make pain worse. However, this seldomly happens.
When should you not use a pelvic belt while exercising?
There are some cases when it is not advisable to use a pelvic belt during sports. For example, if you have an allergy to the material, or if you have had a previous infection in the pelvic area. Also, if you have been diagnosed with arthritis or osteoporosis, wearing a pelvic belt is not recommended.
How to choose a pelvic belt for sports?
When choosing a pelvic belt for sports, it is important to consider the following factors:
The belt should fit well and not be too tight or too loose.
The belt should be made of a breathable material to avoid skin irritation.
The belt should provide sufficient support to relieve pain during exercise.
Tips for wearing a pelvic belt while exercising
If you are going to use a pelvic belt while exercising, it is important to follow the following tips:
- Get advice from a physiotherapist or pelvic physiotherapist. They can help you choose the right belt and give you tips on how to use it.
- Do not wear the belt too tightly. The belt should be comfortable, but not too tight.
- Start by wearing the belt for short periods and gradually build up the wearing time.
- Take the belt off at night
Additional tips for exercising with a pelvic belt
- Choose an activity you are comfortable with. If you are in pain, try something else.
- Start slowly and gradually build up the intensity of the activity.
- Listen to your body and take rest if you are in pain.
- Keep your core strong. Core exercises can help improve pelvic stability.
- Talk to your doctor or physiotherapist before starting a new sports programme.
Want to buy a pelvic belt?
Then choose Podobrace! With us, you order products of the very best quality, and you are assured of fast delivery. If you have any questions about the belt or its use, please contact our customer service team. There is an enthusiastic team of specialists ready to answer all your questions. Our customer service can be reached by phone, live-chat or e-mail.