Which sports can you wear a thumb brace for?
Many people suffer an injury eventually while playing sports. This is quite painful and can prevent you from playing sports for a longer period of time. Wearing a brace provides the necessary support and protection. Below, we give you an overview of a number of sports in which wearing a thumb brace offers protection and support.
Overview of sports in which wearing a thumb brace is recommended
Sport is good for your body and your mind. You build fitness, become stronger and it also calms your mind. Unfortunately, various injuries can occur during sports. To prevent this as much as possible, wearing a thumb brace is recommended. This brace can be worn in several sports, thus offering the best protection and support. We list below a number of sports for which wearing a thumb brace is recommended.
- Basketball: basketball is a sport that is very injury-prone. The fast movements, dribbling and shooting can lead to sprains and strains in the thumb. Wearing a thumb brace provides protection and stability, and the thumb remains free to move during ball possession.
- Volleyball: injuries to the thumb occur when the ball lands on your thumb in the wrong way. Volleyball often involves hitting hard balls at high speed, which can lead to thumb injuries. Have you suffered an injury? If so, take a few days' rest first and then try to rebuild slowly. To accomplish this, use a thumb brace. It provides the necessary protection and support.
- Tennis: When you play tennis, you often make repetitive movements and there is a lot of force and pressure on your wrist and hand. This can cause strain. A thumb brace reduces the pressure on the joint and reduces the risk of injury.
- Weightlifting: wearing a thumb brace can also be pleasant in weightlifting. In weightlifting, having a good grip is essential. Excessive pressure on the thumb while lifting heavy weights can lead to thumb sprains or strains. Wearing a thumb brace provides extra stability and helps prevent injuries.
- Climbing: In climbing sports, the hands are used intensively and holding grips can lead to thumb injuries. A thumb brace provides extra support and helps protect the thumb from unwanted movements.
No matter what sport you play, protecting your thumbs is simply essential to prevent injuries and maintain your performance. A thumb brace can be a valuable tool to support and protect your thumbs during various sports activities. Consider using a thumb brace suitable for your specific sport to minimise the risk of injury and enjoy your favourite sport with confidence.
Want to buy a thumb brace?
Do you need a thumb brace? Then you've come to the right place at Podobrace! We have various thumb braces in our range for a wide variety of injuries and complaints. When you contact our highly expert customer service, you will be provided with all the information you need. Our team consists of medical specialists, and they are happy to answer all your questions. Our customer service is available via e-mail, live chat and telephone.